Amritsar Kapurthala Tour 2Nights & 3Days
- Day 1
- Arrive in Amritsar after check-in after dinner proceed to Golden Temple to see the Plaki sahib
ceremony and over night in the hotel
- Day 2
- after breakfast proceed for the city tour to visit Golden Temple Jallianwala bagh
old bazaars and lunch and in the evening proceed to Attari border to witness the retreat
- Day 3
- After breakfast proceed to Kapurthala to visit Jagatjit Palace Moorsh Mosque
Jagatjit club Rail coach factory lunch at the farm house Haveli & Habitat
Village: Aujla Jogi
In the evening train from Jalandhar for Delhi 6pm or stay in the farm house.
- About the Place
- Kapurthala was one of the princely states of Punjab situated close to Ludhiana city. Kapurthala is known
for its stunning monuments and gardens. The architectural ambience of the palaces has quite resemblance
with French and Indo-Saracenic architecture, sometime referred to as the “Paris of Punjab”. The worth
visiting places in the district include The Sainik (Military) School, The Court Complex, The State
Gurudwara, The War Memorial, The Moorish Mosque, Pushpa Gujral Science City and Jubilee Hall.
- The Sainik School (Jagatjit Palace)
- This magnificent structure, which Maharaja Jagatjit Singh had grandly named it as “Elysee palace” sat
amidst gardens embellished with stone statutory and fountains. It is modeled on Versailles in France
for which the city is some time called as Paris of Punjab. The palace is now the Sainik School, but the
buildings with its ornate interiors and painted ceiling is open to public.
- Jubilee Hall
- The Jubilee Hall was once the 'Darbar Hall' of Maharaja of Kapurthala; today an attraction for its lush
green ambience and feel good environment. The building is now part of the N.J.S.A. Govt. College
- State Gurudwara
- The state Gurudwara, located on Station Road was consecrated around 1916.
Styled after Italian cathedrals, it has a lovely red marble dome. The building is set in a neatly landscaped
garden. The blending of Indo-Saracenic motifs with British red bricks is surprisingly harmonious.
- The Moorish Mosque
- The mosque is modeled like the “Qutbya Mosque” in Morocco; it is a brilliant
masterpiece of Moorish style architecture. Its inner dome has been beautifully painted by Punjabi artists.
This unique building constructed in 1930 is the only of its kind in South East Asia. Special attention is
being given for the restoration of its past glory.
- Pushpa Gujral Science City
- The biggest project of its kind in Northern India, the Science
City has been set up in 72 acres of land in the of heart of Punjab, on Jalandhar- Kapurthala Road. It is
intended to inculcate the scientific aptitude & temperament, to fire the imagination and creativity, foster
the spirit of enquiry and exploration among the masses, especially in the young minds.
- Kanjli Lake
- Just 5 km from Kapurthala, you can see a beautiful lake called Kanjli Wetland. This lake
is not just the beautiful home for migratory birds in winters, but a popular picnic spot for young stars.
You can even go boating in the lake. The wetland extends in the area of about 50 acres and is a dwelling
place for about 40-50 bird species. It was declared a wetland of national importance in the year 1992 on
account of its rich biodiversity.